Tim Stafford is a professional guitarist with the band Blue Highway, which he helped found in 1994. He is also an acclaimed guitar teacher, producer and songwriter. Tim was named IBMA’s Songwriter of the Year in 2014 and 2017.
• He has had over 200 songs recorded, mostly in the bluegrass field.
• His song (co-written with Steve Gulley) “Through the Window of a Train” was named IBMA’s Song of the Year in 2008.
• Member of Alison Krauss and Union Station, 1990-92, Blue Highway 1994- present
• Grammy winner, 1993, “Every Time You Say Goodbye”
• 4-time Grammy nominee
• Dove Award winner, 2004, “Wondrous Love”
• Winner of 28 IBMA Awards, 6 SPBGMA Awards, including Bluegrass Guitar Performer of the Year, 2002 and 2015
• Has taught guitar, banjo and Survey of Contemporary Bluegrass at East Tennessee State University’s famed Bluegrass and Country Music Program
• Adjunct Graduate Faculty, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
• Featured as an instructor at Rockygrass, Augusta Heritage, Camp Bluegrass in Levelland, TX, Steve Kaufman’s Flatpicking Camp, Bluegrass at the Beach, Wintergrass, CBA Bluegrass Camp, Roanoke Bluegrass Weekend, Sore Fingers UK, Nashcamp, South Africa Flatpick & Songwriting Safari, Bluegrass Masters Camp and dozens of others.
• Co-author, Still Inside: The Tony Rice Story, acclaimed authorized biography of flatpick legend Tony Rice (2010)